Speaking is a part of my calling. I motivate people to excel, to give, to change the world and to fulfill their calling. I believe in living your authentic self 24/7, that we should always be growing, and that a little bit of fun goes a long way! Whether I'm sharing my passion for branding or my passion for courageously chasing the call, I enjoy connecting with my audience and teaching them new ways of seeing things.
Past Speaking Engagements
For Those Seeking Permission (MINISTRY or BUSINESS)
Feeling stuck? Perhaps years have gone by, and you feel like you don’t deserve or have permission to be true to yourself. In this talk, Shala shares her impactful personal stories to help you take action:
- Vulnerably say, “I’m a mess, pray for me,” instead of saying, “I’m fine.”
- Identify and banish distractions that hold you back from your calling.
- Fight temptations to compromise your most profound convictions.
Watch a 9-minute condensed version of this talk.
Power Position: Prayer (MINISTRY)
Have you ever heard people say, “All I can do is pray,” as if it is the last resort when all else fails. In this message, Shala shares the story of a woman who understood the power of prayer. When you lead with prayer, you:
- Take initiative in moving the heart of God on your behalf.
- Quickly shift from a place of distress to a place of peace.
- Tap into the power of the living God to strengthen your spiritual muscles.
Watch the full sermon.
Transformers: Christians in Disguise (MINISTRY)
Life can be challenging and complicated, and sometimes full of ludicrous expectations. To meet expectations others may have of us, our nature can be to change or hide our true selves to appease the masses. Like Optimus Prime, we become real-life transformers; but this masks our most powerful identity—as disciples of Jesus Christ. In this talk, Shala will help you:
- Ditch the need to fit into an ungodly world, to stop transforming!
- Shake off the naysayers who try to silence your faith in Christ.
- Discover your authentic identity in Jesus.
He is Worthy: The Brand of Christ (MINISTRY)
If you met someone new, would they know that you're a faithful follower of Jesus Christ? When we receive the calling from Christ to believe in Him, scripture urges us to live a life that reflects, "We are saved by He who is worthy!" In this talk, Shala reaches into her story box to help you:
- Be reminded that we are God’s inner circle, His squad.
- Stay “on-brand” for Christ instead of clinging to cultural trends, as His glory is also for our highest good.
- Walk in repentance to experience the reassuring and refreshing presence of the Lord.
Son of a Brand: Intentionally Build Your Brand (BUSINESS)
Branding happens to every organization, whether they plan it or not. When organizations intentionally build an authentic brand, they are able to navigate the sector with fewer “son of a brand” moments! We’ve all experienced those moments. Moments where your staff isn’t communicating consistently about what you do. Moments when your donor base is too small because your audience can't connect your organization to what matters to them. Moments where the grant you hoped for didn’t come through because you couldn’t demonstrate your unique value to the community. Shala will teach you how to:
- Think about and develop your brand values and personality.
- Discern the difference between a tagline and a positioning statement.
- Understand how branding sets the foundation for effective storytelling.
Start the Conversation
If you're interested in having me speak at your upcoming event, make your inquiry here. You can also email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301.891.0111.